Taking some simple measures can help prevent your home from being targeted by burglars.
- Lock all doors and close all windows before leaving the house.
- Lock front and back doors, even when you are in the house and particularly overnight.
- Don’t leave valuable items on view. Don’t leave car keys near to a letter box where a burglar can reach through and steal them.
- Lock garden gates and side entrances. Don’t leave anything lying about that a burglar could use to break-in to your home.
- Don’t leave wheelie bins where they could be used by someone to climb over a wall or fence.
- Mark your belongings with a UV pen or forensic property marking technology such as Smartwater.
- Make sure your home looks occupied, an empty home is far more tempting for a burglar. Use timer switches for lights and noise from a radio.
- Consider installing a burglar alarm and outside security lighting. These deters burglars.
Follow the link for further information around protecting yourself, your home and your business from crime https://www.westmercia.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/